· Communications Workers of America (CWA) Local 3719, Legislative Chair, 1975- 1996, State lobbyist 1982- 1996
· SC AFL-CIO, President, first woman elected in SC and the third in the AFL-CIO at the time. Dewitt served 1996-2013 and was voted President Emeritus by the SC AFL-CIO membership.
· Administrative Assistant to the SC AFL-CIO President, 2014- 2018
· SC Alliance for Retired Americans ( ARA, AFL-CIO associate) President, 2012- present
· SC Progressive Network, Co-chair, 1998- 2012
· Orangeburg County Democratic Party Chair, 1997- 2000
· SC Labor Party Co-chair, 2006- present
· Southeastern Institute for Women in Politics, President, 2008- 2012
· National Peace Conference, Organizing Committee, Keynote with Noam Chomsky, 2010
· Labor Campaign for Single Payer National Advisory Board, 2009- present
· Labor Fightback Network, National Steering Committee, 2001- present
· Committees of Correspondence, National Steering Committee, 2013- 2020
· Harvey Gantt Triumph Award for Human & Civil Rights recipient along with Congressman John Lewis, 2013,
· Progress South, President, 2015- present
Dewitt has spoken and presented at many national and state conferences throughout her career.
Copyright © 2021 Joseph H. Neal Health Collaborative - All Rights Reserved.
Powered by GoDaddy Website Builder